Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The pensive traveler

So I just got back from Salt Lake, which- I might add- was a balmy 50 degrees and sunny!!, and didn't see a smiggen of snow... none, zip, zero, nada. MDee just called to say it is dumping snow now and has been since I left... bleh!

So... I'm glad I went, it was a good thing to be there and visit... it was exhausting to meet new people and try to figure out what to say to them without sounding like I'm trying to think up something to say to them... and very good to be back. I didn't miss any flights, although going and coming were both delayed, and it went well, but I'm just not the traveler I hoped I would be. I love to be at home in my own environment and I tend to get very antsy and a little out of sorts when I have to tread around in a place other than my own without my stuff... hey, when did this happen?
So now I'm thinking about making cookies and maybe doing some decorating for Christmas... I made paper snow flakes all weekend and my variegated poinsettia is so pretty sitting on the wooden stork. I'm so much better with the whole season this year... thank you dear God for meds!!

So here are some fond Christmas Greetings to all... now back to painting. Hooray

2 comments:

Janice La Verne said...

what are you painting?

i don't like to travel at all. i'm ok in the moment, but love just being home and getting to make stuff...

i am the queen of meds. ask me if you want to.

and will you teach me to make snowflakes?

Lilith Eve said...

I think that the purpose of traveling is to make us appreciate home. Nobody does it well, and if they do, they are just too well-adjusted for my taste. LOL!