Friday, November 7, 2008

The Secret Life of Bees

Well tonight ended up being a nice little treat. After coming home and grumbling about getting ready for a party, I quickly swept the floor, vacuumed, shoved all the papers that collect everywhere under the bed and zipped out the door as the first college boy arrived. I was going to go to the Cuban art exhibit, but found myself drawn to the cinema instead to see the film version of one of my favorite books "The Secret Life of Bees"... it did NOT disappoint. Queen Latifa IS the queen and I loved her in this movie (I love her in most all of her movies). Everyone did an outstanding job and it stayed right on track with the book. This story is so messy... it is terrible and beautiful, tragic and heroic, so full of imagery and realism. I felt the same way coming out of the theater as I did after finishing the book... not a feeling I really have words for but something like satified... inspired... moved.
I also recommend taking a kleenex... or 2.

1 comment:

Janice La Verne said...

ginger just saw this with her sister.

remind me to tell you about her nephew's tatoo.

can't wait to see this movie,

janice