Saturday, November 15, 2008

Ooooo... it's a shoe, a what?, a shoe

a what? a shoe... ooohhhh a shoe. Remember that silly little word game. I think someone started it on a car trip when we were kids. Then promptly grew to regret it. (Tangent alert!)
AnywaySSS, had a nice quick trip up to PDX to hang out with my sweet friends. Thanks Karin for being a great hostess! I now officially have a new favorite place for my favorite breakfast... the Petite Provance at 48th (ish) and Division. Eggs Benedict with ham on a croissant with the sauce AND they gave me sour cream on my potato pancakes... what's not to like? The service was nice, the bakery was lovely. I wish I reeeeely wish I had my camera with me this trip. If I had, I would have taken pictures of...


1. The glorious sunset on Friday evening


2. The picture perfect scene of the green fields dotted with sheep with the beautiful hills in the background and the thin layer of fog that hung just above the ground making everything look like a fairy tale or the Shire

3.The big fat orange harvest moon in all it's fullness

4. The long snaking line of traffic, red tail light sitting on the I-205 freeway at a dead stop, and the man who peed on the side of the road in front of God and everyone.

5. My sweet friends whom I love.


6. Kimberly in her percacet induced hilarity.


7. The 4 amigas at our table in PP (mentioned above)

8. The cream puff shaped like a swan!!

9. The funny coasters at that cool store across the street
AND

10. The super cool shoes that I came dangerously close to purchasing because they were SUPER cute and cheap, but ultimately put back because as much as I really wanted them, they weren't comfortable and didn't really fit right... rats! Did I mention they were super DUPER cool. Yes, I definitely would have taken a picture of them. So in tribute to fab shoes... here is another visit to polyvore and the magic land of shoe heaven. mmmmmmm...
Cheers

Marching on by Lina Lou

3 comments:

Janice La Verne said...

ok, it's official, I now have two friends obsessed with shoes... no make that three. don't show dale the polyvore site!

giggle, J

Karin said...

That was a fun 18 hours. Man, you went home early! Loved the pictures!

Hugs!

k

Janice La Verne said...

ok, i'm ferrying messages. you have a shoe polyvore assignment over at smarterthandavinci.

and... you won't believe what i found for our office while at st. vinnies....