Sunday, October 5, 2008

Frustration & Orange Juice

I am posting this picture today for several reasons...

Reason #1: I love orange juice. It is one of my favorite beverages, but only if it has low-to-no pulp. It also happens to be the namesake of this blog.

Reason #2: and the real reason I am posting this picture is because I can't find the little cord that attaches the camera to the computer to download the pictures that I really wanted to post and so I'm putting in a picture that I already have downloaded to keep me from going seriously crazy.

I HATE not being able to find things... I don't mean just normal frustration... I mean crazy making, completely obsessed, ready to throw something across the room, really crazy!!
Why? why do I do this to myself? I am completely irrational when I can't find something and I turn into a raging chicken... (that's the nice way of saying it :) ) It throws my brain into chaos, which considering it's current state is more like a short toss than a throw. I am really ready to go out and spend money I don't have on this stupid cord that I know is lurking about somewhere... then I start blaming J. Good thing he's not here right now, poor guy, he would really get the full impact of my misplaced tantrum. Breathe... D. said something interesting... she said her mother used to get so insensed when she wouldn't put something back in it's place and she could never figure out what was the big deal. Ah, how oddly comforting that I'm not the only control freak spewing my rage. Hey this blog thing is cathartic too... okay so maybe it's not that big of a deal (grumble, grumble)

So anyway... I'm following J's example and saying 5 things I like about this rainy season upon us.
1. I don't have to water the garden & potted plants by hand
2. It gives me an excuse to curl up on the couch and read a book
3. uuuummmmm... I get to wear my cute rain boots
4. We can build a fire in the fireplace without getting too hot
5. I get to collect beautiful leaves

Phew... that's about all for today.

1 comment:

Janice La Verne said...

hey, that was a good rant!

i rarely lose things, hard to believe secondary to the state of my corner of the office, but when i do i just fall apart. it is awful. g loses everything and it all just easily comes right back to her. wallets dropped in parks returned with all funds intact. once she lost her wallet on the beach and a policeman returned it. he was worried she had committed suicide!

thanks for the winter list. i'm swiping some of yours. see you tomorrow for half the day.

janice