Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Coming back home

wow... so it's been a really long time since I made a post... so I've decided to do something that makes me a little uncomfortable and post some of the poetry that I have been writing in Brian's healing landscapes poetry class. It's been really fun, and the ladies there are very kind and encouraging. Brian of course is a master facilitator and I can see why he is successful in what he does with patients. I'm also going to share an assignment that I will be giving myself in some area of creativity... might be writing, or drawing, or just observing. So here goes the first installment of ammetuer poetry post (it's not as scary because it involved the whole class on the first night):

My Soul's Fellow
It's outdoors, walking swiftly away in the rain.
It's indoors dancing around the living room fire.
Hope, fright! little wonders of the night,
Like swifts swirling
round and around and around.
The dervishes skirt unfurls like a satin saucer
scoops me speechless into it's whirlwind
calmness in the eye of the storm
stillness between breaths
slowing
landing
breathing
releasing into the fresh crisp air of despair.

Okay... now for the assignment: Go for a walk and draw or list things you find on the sidewalk.

This should be fun, it's 1st Friday Art Walk night. I hope I find something fun on the sidewalk!!


1 comment:

Karin said...

Wow! I like it!!! It makes me think of a very cold winter's night, and yet despite the 'despair' I also feel warmed somehow. I love the impressionism of it!

Thanks for sharing,

Karin