Sunday, April 5, 2009

Wishes do come true



Yesterday I wished for a warmer day... and today we got one truly wonderful spring day. This one was without rain, hail or freezing wind, so I feel lucky indeed. We drug the plants from their semi protected winter places and placed them all around our driveway which we use as a patio with just enough room to park the vehicles without blocking the sidewalk. John rescued a dogwood tree from the dump (K called it the pound, haha) and we have given it a new home. I hope it does well. I can't believe someone just threw it in the dump. That kind of hurts my feelings. It feels good to be getting things cleaned up and ready to grow. The lilacs are going to bloom this year and all the hydrangeas are looking great. Now we have to figure out how to keep the deer from eating everything in sight.

I was able to spend some time at the library too, so it's been a very nice weekend. I do have a headache however. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with photo sensitivity. If I can't be in the sun I think I might die.

2 comments:

Janice La Verne said...

i love that you rescued a tree... we planted one today to replace the one the deer destroyed last year. i love watching things grow. even the dogs were outside on their dog beds all day...

ahhhhh... glorious

hi-d said...

Beautiful Daffodils.

Oh, wasn't yesterday a beautiful day? I loved it too! And today and tomorrow looks very promising as well. I love this time of year with everything in bloom!!

It's amazing what people throw away, isn't it? I'm glad you rescued it!

My parents keep having problems with deer in their yard. Can you believe it? They will eat the plants and the roses. They are so pretty, but are getting pushed out by all the construction in the area...

Sorry...this is kind of long. Have a beautiful day!