Tuesday, February 10, 2009

An unhappy Ode

So I'm not really here to tell you how to do your job,
but I do have a few very reasonable and realistic expectations...
Is it really too much to ask for a little extended overtime on the job?
I would really like to capture life's irreplaceable moments,
like this weekend at my art class. It's a one time deal, man...
it's not like we can order up a "do-over"...
but no, somebody has to get all moody and refuse to offer any assistance in the way of power... yes power, that's your job isn't it?
And don't go and get all technical with your "I gave you a warning" speech. I get a few red flashing lights and then... nothing, the silent treatment.
I thought we had a better relationship than that. Apparently I was mistaken. You quit, so this is it... we're done... I've moved on and I'm replacing you with someone more reliable. The red head, or as you know him...
The Copper Top Battery

Signed,
EverReady in Eugene

Battery, oh battery how I hate thee battery... why do you fail me so frequently and without warning, why?

1 comment:

Karin said...

There is nothing I love better than to be amused. I love that feeling of knowing something is coming...but what?!?! DELIGHTFULLY unexpected...and totally amusing; BRAVO!!!

(Ahhh…it is good to have such interesting and charming friends. Maybe it’s because I too am somewhat interesting and charming…;-)