6 weeks ago we learned of an incredible earthquake that literally crushed the life out of Haiti; so many were killed and horrific news of mass graves and trucks of bodies were streamed across the airwaves breaking hearts and calling many to help in any way possible.
Amidst the news of so much death and injury, we were wondering

about our sweet Yvierta, if she survived, if she was laying in a hospital somewhere or worse. I had sent word with several people who had gone, knowing there was little chance in the millions of hearing anything... but then just yesterday, a phone call came. Unbelievably a simple message was left on my voicemail that Yvierta was found alive, she's uninjured and living in a tent camp because her home was destroyed. And that was all... that's what we know. And of course I'm relieved and overjoyed that she is okay, but also sad at her living conditions, I feel a little helpless about what to do and how to help her. I wish I could sweep her up and bring her home with me and erase all the trauma from her young life...
So I'm going to send as much support as I can, and be involved with J.'s fundraiser for a music school. Maybe somehow they will connect with each other and help heal each other. It's the first time I've felt like praying and giving thanks in a long time...
1 comment:
I'm really glad you are my friend.
Post a Comment